The centralized animal house of QIS College of Pharmacy built in 100 sq/mt area in the campus. The animal house facility has dedicated to provide laboratory animals to cater the needs of research of various departments of QIS College of Pharmacy, Ongole.
- Rat (Sprague Dawley and Wistar strains)
- Mice (Swiss albino)
- Guinea Pigs
- New Zealand Rabbits
The animal house has the following In-house guidelines
- All the animal facility users should undergo orientation and training in proper handling of animals before they start the experimentation.
- The animal studies can begin only after the IAEC approval of the research project.
- The approved protocol should be strictly followed; any modification in the protocol should be cleared by the IAEC.
- The entry is restricted, only authorized people are allowed to enter the animal block with all the protective clothing - apron, cap, facemask and designated sandals.
- Experiments should be performed with due care and humanity with compliance of CPCSEA.